Joseph manages and directs the entire company. His responsibilities include operations, marketing, personnel and finance. He still finds time to estimate, direct and close out his own projects. Employed by E. C. Provini Co. in 1994 shortly after earning a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from Ohio University, Joseph has learned the industry from the ground up. Prior to employment with the company, he worked in the trades getting plenty of hands-on experience. Since joining E. C. Provini, he has ascended from assisting Ed Provini & Adam Eyre as a project engineer, to directing his own multimillion dollar projects and accounts, through to ownership of the company in 2012. He relies on everyday communication with his superintendents to reinforce the project documentation (schedules, revisions, meeting minutes, etc.) being implemented. He is an integral part of the continuous collaboration with the client and places a heavy emphasis on site safety. Joseph is active in local recreational ice hockey leagues and national tournaments and also is an avid classic car enthusiast.
Adam brings over 34 years of management experience in the construction industry to each project. His business philosophy is one of collaborative work management consisting of good communication, coordination and documentation combined with an aggressive approach towards scheduling. He continually brings projects in on time and on budget. His organizational skills allow everyone involved in any project to understand the common goals and how best to achieve them. Adam has been with the company since 1991. A keen sailing enthusiast, Adam also enjoys spending time with his adult children.
- Years in industry: 9 years
- Joined ECP: 2011
- Education: Stevens Institute of technology – Civil Engineering, B.E. 2011
- What I do for ECP:
- ECP distributes their work load differently than other General Contractors in the industry. While most companies opt to have separate Estimating and Project Management/Operation departments, we merge the (2) to create a seamless transition between conceptual design, budgeting, procurement and delivery of a project. My current title is Project Manager and my responsibilities include review of plans, estimating, budgeting, bidding, subcontractor buyout, scheduling, organizing manpower, safety control, quality control, and closeout of projects. But most importantly, my main responsibility is to make sure we deliver an exceptional store/space/building to our client.
- The Challenge:
- Working for ECP coming directly out of college has been a great and fulfilling challenge. Starting as a Project Engineer I was assigned to a large-scale remodel of Bloomindales in Short Hills mall where I obtained knowledge from Ed Provini and Ralph Seber who each have more than (40) years’ experience in the industry. As years progressed, I was challenged with estimating and managing my own projects. I would say that the most fulling projects are the difficult ones where it seems that you are being asked to perform the impossible, a miracle. When the project is over it really gives you a sense of accomplishment. For example: building a new loading dock on a roof of a building during the winter where you not only need to add new steel to reinforce the roof in a public “open” environment but also fighting through the elements to install a new roof and pour new concrete.
- Previous Experience:
- During my Junior year in College I interned with Parsons Brinkerhoff, now known as WSP, as a Field Engineering Intern. I was assigned to the Mullica River Rehabilitation and Widening Project on the Garden State Parkway. This was my first introduction into heavy commercial construction and it really confirmed that Construction was the correct field for me.
- My personal Life:
- A little about my personal life and interests. I am married to Jessica and we have (2) children, Andres and Amilia. We have a 2 1/2 year old chocolate lab, Minnie Mouse, who is probably my best behaved child. She recently gave birth to a litter of pups. We also have recently begun raising chickens. My wife and I both love to garden and grow our own vegetables. We are currently growing Tomatoes, peppers, squash, onions, garlic, okra, bok choy, kale, spinach, cilantro, mint, basil and potatoes. We are also going to be planting our first berries this year, blackberries and raspberries, so wish us luck! Another common interest my wife and I have is refinishing/repurposing old furniture. I am also a decent musician. I have been playing keyboard/piano for about 18 years and have recently started drum lessons.
Georgene came to work at E.C. Provini Co., Inc.in 2015. She was pleased to take on the role of office manager in which she handles all payroll for the entire office and field staff. Accounts payable, as well as accounts receivable are also part of her daily activities in addition to delegating all office administration tasks to the office support team. She is dedicated to the task of managing her work load, and managing our administrative staff with open communication and a sense of team work. She is happy to assist with all tasks to keep things running smoothly. When Georgene isn’t working, she is enjoying a new book for her book club, in her garden planting flowers working her green thumb, or spending time with her Husband Bob, and her children Caitlyn, and Sean.
Kristin joined the E.C. Provini Co., Inc. family in 2004. She supports our project managers as an admin with bid packages, and client and contractor follow up. Upon job award she issues contracts to our subcontractors, performs insurance policy reviews, tracks RFI’s, submittals and invoices. Ordering supplies for the office, and keeping our contractor licenses up to date are some of the other duties she handles. Working in an office that is built on supporting each other and lending a hand is an environment she feels lucky to be a part of. When she’s not working, she enjoys kayaking, singing in a cover band, and spending time with her family and friends.